Thursday, September 10, 2009

fun in the sun...

Now that the semester has started, I have almost zero time to work on our blog, but here's an update. Actually these pictures are from a little earlier this summer, but here is Rory hanging out with her buddy Rylan in his kiddie pool. Rory and Rylan are only about 2 1/2 weeks apart in age. My good friend Kara and her husband were in our birthing class. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...







I love baby butts, don't you? And splashing in the pool is always fun. What a great way to spend a summer day.


Chad and his band (sans singer) also played their first gig out at a bar for our friend Steph's birthday party. They did really awesome without a singer, and the opening act, Jeff Alvine, sang a song with them. Here are a few pictures from our evening out. Rory even got to go. We hung out in the restaurant where it was smoke free and not too loud.


It might be kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but Rory's onesie says "I'm with the band." We all had a really good time and she's shaping up to be an awesome concert/music festival baby. She also joined us at the Peter Frampton show at the Arkansas Music Pavilion. They did a cover of "Black Hole Sun" that was amazing...

I hope everyone is having a good summer/school year so far. I'll try to get more pictures up soon. We have some of Rory in her Ohio State gear (thanks Uncle Doug) for the first game of the season that everyone needs to see...and regarding our upcoming game against USC, as my father-in-law likes to say, "Trojans are only good for one thing..." Go Bucks!

No comments: