Thursday, June 16, 2011

have you missed us?

So spring has come and is now almost gone...have you missed my posts? We've been keeping busy with my research, Chad working and, oh right, a toddler. Looking forward to some pasta with fresh herbs and cheese for dinner. (Gluten-free pasta for Chad of course...) 



Here's Rory helping to plant some seeds and water the plants...

Our first spring break was in Perdido Key, Florida...and also Rory's first trip to a saltwater beach. The water was too chilly for her, but the sand was perfect.

On the beach at sunset. We had a perfect view of the beach from our condo and could walk right out there. It was amazing. The weather was perfect and it was a low-key, relaxing vacation. Me, Chad, Rory and Grandma.

We had A LOT of rain not that long ago, and Rory couldn't resist playing in the puddles. Here she's doing her best impression of Pap-pap (for all of Papa's family).

Like I said, A LOT of rain. Probably between 13 and 15 inches in a week. If that didn't flood our house, I think we're good...unless there happens to be an ark involved next time.

Meet Millie...our recently adopted 1916 upright piano. She was advertised "free to a good home" in the local paper. The big key was moving her in. After a quick tune up, all of her keys work and she's in tune. Perfect for Rory to learn on and for me to play around on. Been awhile since I've had lessons...

Here is a red-eared slider that decided to come check out our yard. "Look, it's a turtle Mama!" I think this is Rory's first up close and personal with a turtle. I think she enjoyed it more than the turtle did.

I'm soooo proud of us for growing some greens this year. We've had all the fresh salad we could want over the last few months. Beautiful mesclun mix, romaine mix, spinach and bibb lettuce. Rory walks through and rips off leaves and eats them. And super easy to grow. Hurray for square foot gardening.

It's been getting harder to get good pictures of Rory since she's constantly on the move. Here she is modeling the latest thing-mommy-has-made-of-yarn-and-is-making-me-try-on. It is my own pattern and was supposed to be a shirt (I think) but turned into more of a dress.



I hope everyone is having a good June so far. It's been hot as all get out here (and probably wherever you are as well.) We've been keeping busy with the garden (greens, onions, beans, herbs, tomatoes, carrots, strawberries, squash and okra, oh my) and with working on various projects. I finally got a homepage for my website up: www.sageearthdesign.com. I've been doing some website design and advertising design work for two and a half years, but never got around to putting up my own site. Please check it out if you'd like...but that's all it is so far, a homepage. I need to talk to my clients and make sure it's ok to link to their sites as examples of my work and put up a few photos.

Happy Father's Day to all the papas out there who might be reading and keeping up with our goings on...


No comments: