Tuesday, August 21, 2012

the princess and the mud...

We went to a couple of garage sales last weekend and are now set for clothes for Rory for winter (yay!) unless she insists on continuing to grow. She is definitely out of 3T clothes and is fitting perfectly in 4T. And if she keeps eating the way she has been, she'll be in size 5 in no time.

One of our purchases was an old flower girl dress for dress-up playtime...and here is what I found when I got home from work (and after a day playing with Papa).




Nothing like a homemade mud puddle...


My dress can't be the only thing that gets dirty today...




Hope everyone is mixing up their own fun at the tail end of this summer. I'm thankful for cooler nights and cooler days. We'll be planting seeds for our fall harvest of greens in the next few days and probably staggering our planting so we'll have plenty up until it we get our first freeze. Well, theoretically we'll get a freeze. Here's hoping for a real winter this year. Last year left me feeling like I was always waiting for something that never came.

p.s. We washed the dress immediately after we took it off of Rory and put her in the bath and it looks as good as before she visited the mud puddle. Princesses play in mud too...

~~~

No comments: