Friday, January 29, 2010

snow day...

Not only did we have a snow day today and they closed the University of Arkansas so I didn't have to teach class today - possibly the best early birthday present ever - we are getting a bunch of snow. We got some ice last night, but not enough to cause any problems, and the snow started around lunchtime and hasn't stopped. We may get 7 - 8 inches through tonight. Since I have a little break, courtesy of the storm, I thought I'd post some pictures of Rory enjoying the white stuff. However, we have a few other adventures to share...


Here's Rory eating her dinner after the Rose Bowl where the Buckeyes finally ended the season with a bowl victory. Even the Hogs pulled out a bowl win this year.




Over the long Martin Luther King, Jr. Day holiday weekend, Rory and I ventured out to Ohio via airplane (all by ourselves) to meet her newest cousin, Madelyn Ann, and visit family. Here is my sister-in-law Liz with Madelyn and Rory with her Grams and cousin Dillon.









And here are our snow day pictures...enjoy! Rory and the dogs sure did. I'm even working on a crocheted mitten pattern for her (in the pictures she's wearing socks on her hands :)







Hope you all are staying warm and/or enjoying your own snow day snuggled up at home. We'll probably venture out tomorrow and see if we can help Rory build her first snowperson. Maybe I'll have a pair of mittens done for her by then. Hope you all are staying warm and/or enjoying your own snow day snuggled up at home.

No comments: