Tuesday, February 2, 2010

more snow pictures...

The weather had let up, but the roads were still bad yesterday, and all the local schools were closed (except the U of A), so as promised, my students didn't have class again either. I figured it was better to be safe than have them trying to get around when the roads were pretty bad...plus we got an extra day to play in the snow and for me to get some things done...like getting my tax stuff together, and washing diapers.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here are some more pictures of Rory playing in the snow. And enjoying her first tastes of the white stuff from the side of our snowman.


Nice to meet you Mr. Snowman. What brings you here on this beautiful, winter day?


I like wearing these things inside, but I can't seem to grab onto anything...and they don't match. Geez, Mom.


Thanks for sharing Mr. Snowman...

Mmmmmm...chilly, fresh goodness.


I also was working on crocheting my first mittens for Rory. I didn't find any patterns I liked for crocheted mittens on the internet, so I created my own. In the second picture above, Rory's wearing my first two versions...one's yellow and the other is khaki colored which is why her mittens don't match. I have an official pattern that I created for the khaki ones and I like how they go on and fit her better than the yellow. But they're both cute and she enjoys wearing them around the house too. However, they apparently aren't conducive to the proper eating of snow...Here's a photo of the two of them not on the baby.

I'm taking votes on which ones folks like better, and the cuffs are still a work in progress. Let me know what ya'll think. You can leave a comment right on the blog if you'd like. Happy winter everyone!

No comments: