Thursday, March 22, 2012

rory's first haircut...now it's spring

Happy spring! Officially this time. We decided (after a harrowing hair detangling episode) that Papa was finally ready for us to cut Rory's hair. And it was long enough to donate, so other kids could benefit from her beautiful locks...and deal with the subsequent tangles. Chad and I have both donated our hair once to Wigs for Kids (www.wigsforkids.org). I actually donated mine while I was pregnant with Rory. Now it's officially a family affair. So here are a few spring photos, "the haircut," and her new 'do.


Rory planting beans in the garden

Playing in a bucket of water...

Before...

...and after. See the braid she's holding? It was long enough to donate, and getting tangled often enough, and the weather's been so nice that it was time.

Fortunately, she wasn't upset in the least and tells everyone that she likes her new haircut...

Who can resist jumping in puddles wearing princess jammies, guitar jammy pants and new rain boots?

Trying on her new dress from grandma...

...thinking that mama's being silly

Do you think she knows how cute she is? (I know...I'm biased.)
I hope you all have been able to get out and enjoy the warm weather we've been having. We just got a bunch of needed rain, but have enjoyed the beautiful weather and are looking forward to a nice weekend.

I also have my first baby bunny of the season, so it really does mean that spring's officially here...

1 comment:

Juli said...

She is adorable!