Thursday, August 29, 2013

busy doesn't even cover it...

I know, I know. It's been way too long for me to not post. And there's been a lot to report as well. I'll try to do my best without making this the longest blog post to date.

Winter

Spending the winter holidays with the family is always fun. We had a great time visiting with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Here are a few photo highlights of the holidays...

At GG's house...

Cousin Madelyn

The notorious R.O.R.Y.

Rory and Pap Pap

Uncle Scott and sleepy cousin Drew

And it was worth the drive for the snow...

...Madelyn in a hat I made years ago...

And cousin Drew enjoying the white stuff...
 On to 2013...

2013 has been a busy year so far. I've been continuing my GA position with the Graduate School and Career Development Center, and Chad's still working as a field technician for the U of A. 

Rory's been growing like a weed and learning more every day. 

You may recognize this dress from the mud photos...

Looking pretty.

My first King Cake

Rory's shirt/dress. I sewed some t-shirt material onto the bottom of a shirt to convert it. Helps make the shirts that are just a little too short wearable for a bit longer.

Making "gak"

Grandma's visit...

And our easter eggs...I love how the brown eggs turn out when you dye them. They're the ones toward the back of the photo...

Ahhhhh...spring

Ready for spring showers...

Day of hiking at Devil's Den State Park

Adding some rock towers to the collection down by the creek...

Observing geology up close...

Walking with Papa

Rehydrating after an awesome day of hiking

Chicken perch...aka. porch light

Enjoying new clothes from Grams...

Hanging around at the playground...

Playground action shot...
 Whew...now summer

Grandma's back for a visit...

Playing in the sprinkler

Visiting friends in Eureka Springs...Rock 'n' roll

New (washable) tattoos for Papa

She looks sneaky...

Blueberry pancakes for Papa...decorated by Rory


Homemade watermelon, cucumber, lime sorbet...

 Rory's first day of Pre-K...



New owl back pack...

What a face...

So far, Rory is loving school. Her teacher and room assistant are great and she's making friends, doing crafts, and enjoying her snacks (and the occasional chocolate milk). I can't believe she's so big. 

A few closing photos... 


Chicken roosting in my philodendron...

Look at those teeth! Can you guess what she was eating? Fresh basil out of our garden. (It looks like she picked up a much worse habit than that...)

Off to pick up Rory from school. Hope you all are having a good summer. Hopefully there will be more updates soon.

~~~

 
 

No comments: