Here's a picture of a beautiful sunset we had the other evening. There was even a rainbow but I wasn't able to catch it on camera.
Today we went to the Farmer's Market to get some plants for our garden boxes. We're going to build a few four foot square raised beds to plant some veggies and a small herb garden box closer to the house for easy to access herbs. Here are a few tomato, basil, oregano and lemon balm plants that we got to get us started.
I also planted some Thai hot pepper seeds from some peppers a friend gave us. I didn't even know if they would come up, but here they are. I'd love to have a hot pepper plant or two that we can bring in during winter, but have peppers from year round. Here are the seedlings (I'll obviously have to thin some out), and I'll keep everyone posted on how they do.
Tomorrow we are headed to an Earth Day event at the World Peace Wetland Prairie. Hopefully we'll have good weather. It should be quite an event and another busy day for Rory. Yesterday she joined me at a rally protesting the VBAC ban at Washington Regional, our local hospital. You can check out the video clip of the story that was aired on KNWA news at: http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext_news?cid=82852
No comments:
Post a Comment